I think the island life would be perfect for me. I absolutely LOVE warm weather, the beach, fun cocktails, banana’s, and everything about coconuts!
Coconut Oil, Coconut Water, Coconut Milk, etc.!
Coconut Coconuts Coconuts! :-D
I also love Dessert before Dinner, so how about some cookies! And not just any cookies...
You guessed it! Coconut Macaroons!
These cookies are actually easier than regular cookies! Few ingredients, Short prep/cook time, and they are a lot healthier!
So why aren’t we eating more of these, or giving them the credit they deserve!?
I don’t know, but I am giving these moist, sweet, and chewy coconut cookies credit right here and now!
For all those times that recipes require the yolk, and not the whites. This time its the opposite. You will not have any egg white omelettes for breakfast this time! Make pancakes and bacon for breakfast, and save the egg whites for dessert!
This recipe calls for melting one of your favorite chocolate bars. If you decided to use a decadent/rich, higher calorie chocolate bar. Make yourself feel better by adding a few nuts onto each macaroon! I prefer almonds, but you can use whatever nuts you fancy
I definitely believe that one great way to treat yourself to chocolates, is by melting your favorite bar in a pot (I used a Dark Chocolate Toasted Coconut with Almonds flavor by BarkThins in this recipe). Then either drizzle, dip, or cover your macaroons with it! So delicious!
With most desserts I make, I do like to slip some chocolate in there! I have a lot of homemade chocolate recipes that I could have made, but I really just wanted to keep it simple and quick.
and there you have it folks! Crazy Simple Chocolate Coconut Macaroons!
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup Sugar (Coconut Sugar works beautifully also!)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
4 and 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (or minus 1/3 cup from a one 14-ounce package)
1/4 cup almonds, sliced/slivered/whole
1 large bar of Chocolate, melted (I used a bag of Bark Thins Dark Chocolate Toasted Coconut with Almonds )
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites, sugar, salt, and both extracts until foamy and creamy (about 3min)
- Fold in the shredded coconut stirring gently until all the coconut is covered
- Scoop up coconut batter using a small ice cream scoop, drop the batter in mounds (around 1 tablespoons each) 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and set. Rotating half way through to ensure even baking!
- Cool for about 10 minutes before serving
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. A week if refrigerated.
- Must use sweetened coconuts for optimum moist macaroons! Don't use unsweetened coconuts unless you chop them up more in a food processor. Even then you will come out with a dryer cookie!