POTATOES are one of the things given to humans on this earth that don't give many people any allergies. For those very rare people out there who have an allergy to potatoes...
I'm SO SORRY!! :-(
Potatoes are my WEAKNESS, and I'm sure it is for many other humans out there as well!
The Onions... Oh man, the ONIONS... If you aren't a fan of onions, you won't notice these in here, except for the fact that they pair with the cheese and potatoes like they have been BFF's Forever!
How about you throw a couple JALEPENO'S in the mix for a little kick! The taste of Jalepeno's are something special! Jalepeno's are more than just spicy, they are full of flavor.
Take out the seeds and you might not even get a burning sensation. But if you like to feel the burn, leave the seeds... you may even throw in any other spicy peppers. This amazing dish can handle the heat and you won't want to leave the kitchen! :-D
If the potatoes and onions aren't getting you yet, lets go ahead and apologize to all the vegetarians out there, because adding POLISH/KIELBASA SAUSAGE takes this dish to the next level.
If you don't want to buy any peppers, but still want the spice. Buy a spicy kielbasa or polish sausage and go to town! Well don't literally go to town. Stay home, lock yourself in a room, and eat to your hearts desire!
Then just when you think you can't get any closer to eating like a king/queen. Add the CHEESE! Oh My Goodness, I'm sorry to all the vegans, and anyone Lactose intolerant...
At some point I think I was lactose and tolerant, but I didn't care. Cheese was worth all the pain!
This Potatoes and Sausage recipe will have you creating a food baby ASAP! Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I breath during each forkful of this delicious one skillet meal!
1/4 Cup Oil
6 - 7 Large Potatoes, Peeled and Sliced (thin, 1/8 inch slices)
1 Onion, Sliced
2+ teaspoon Salt
1 -2 teaspoon Pepper
6-7 oz (half the package) Kielbasa/Polish Sausage, Sliced
1 cup Cheese, Shredded
1 - 2 Jalapeños (optional), sliced with seeds removed (unless you want SUPER spicy)
- Heat Oil in large skillet on Medium heat
- Add Potatoes, Onions, salt, and pepper to skillet, cook both of these till potatoes starts to brown, around 10 min, then Flip them and cook till the other side starts to brown for another 10min
- Add sausage and jalapeños (optional), Stir everything and cook for an additional 10min
- Keep turning the potatoes every 5-10 min or so until potatoes are very soft
- Once everything is cooked till very tender and soft, turn off skillet, sprinkle the cheese evenly over potato mixture, cover and let cheese melt for several minutes.
- Don't slice potatoes too thin like Au Gratin. You want a good thick slice for these potatoes.
- Make sure the potatoes get a good deep golden color before flipping them the first time.
- It's best to cut potatoes the same size in thickness to create equal cooking time.