Summer is here! Berries are one of the best things to indulge in throughout this wonderful season.
Strawberries can make a delicious and filling snack or dessert.
Then there is chocolate. No matter what the season, CHOCOLATE is always in! When you dip a big, red. and juicy strawberry into smooth, creamy, and decadent melted chocolate, you get a Chocolate Covered Strawberry! YUM!
But I want CAKE too!
lol, I ALWAYS want cake!
So why not make a Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake!?!?!?!?
Yes Folks! This is a Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake your looking at! A strawberry battered cake, covered in a chocolate candy frosting that my grandma was famous for!
Made with REAL STRAWBERRIES! No Artificial Flavors or Colors here!
Topped with ACTUAL Chocolate Covered Strawberries to let you know this cake is the REAL DEAL! :-D
This cake can be used for many occasions and impress anyone you decide to give it to! You can pay an arm and a leg for a couple of chocolate covered strawberries, or you can make your own version based off of the classic!
Heck, If you really just want the Chocolate Covered Strawberries, you can just leave off the cake and make the frosting below. Cover some strawberries, or any fruit of your choice with my famous Candy Coated Chocolate Frosting which hardens almost like chocolate fondue! Wallah!
You'll save a boatload of money making your own Chocolate Covered Strawberries, but your going to kick yourself for not going all in and making this cake! It's absolutely mouthwatering, moist, flavorful and delicious!
SO, get excited and make your way into the kitchen and whip up this delicious and ALL NATURAL cake. Either for yourself, your family, or surprise someone else!!
Perfect for Valentines Day, Sweetest Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Anniversaries, Everything! Especially if you make you significant other upset! Make it up with this scrumptious cake!
I can't guarantee the outcome of your relationship, but I can say this will be one very impressive TRY! :-D
1 ½ Cups Sugar
1 Stick of Butter (½ Cup), softened
2 Eggs, room temperature
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
½ Cup Vanilla Coconut Milk (also can use Milk)
1 Cup Strawberry Puree (10 oz. of fresh or frozen Strawberries)
Candy Coated Chocolate Frosting
1 can evaporated milk
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Coffee (I use Decaf, Optional)
2-3 Tbsp butter, salted (or unsalted, I prefer salted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cake pans
- Puree Strawberries in a blender if fresh or frozen
- Combine Strawberry Puree, Butter, and Sugar
- Slowly add in the Eggs and Vanilla extract
- Mix Dry Ingredients together
- Combine Dry Ingredients into Sugar Mixture
- Add Milk and stir gently
- Pour batter into Cake Pan and Bake for 40-45 Minutes or Cupcakes for 20 Minutes
- Let cake cool before Adding icing
Candy Coated Chocolate Frosting
- Mix Sugar and cocoa together in medium pot
- Add Evaporated milk, stir, then turn heat on to medium
- Pour in Coffee and continue cooking and stirring
- Stir continuously, alternating heat temperature to keep from boiling over
- Bring chocolate to a light bubbling boil
- Keep stirring till chocolate starts to get candied on the side of the pot
- Add Butter when chocolate starts to thicken
- Then remove fro heat
- Stir till the chocolate stops bubbling, and let cool till thick enough (should be very thick but smooth enough to slowly come out of pot) to spread onto cake