When life gives you caramel, make Caramel Cupcakes, from Scratch!
I love how the variety of cupcakes are endless. Even though cupcake flavors are endless, there are always the classics.
This classic's are so darn yummy! It is made with my Famous, "No Corn Syrup" Caramel Frosting.
I use this caramel for EVERYTHING that requires caramel! I'm serious, this is the only caramel you will ever need.
I use my from Scratch caramel on Ice Cream, Brownies, Caramel Apples, Caramel Popcorn, Caramel Candies, EVERYTHING!
The consistency of the caramel can be moderated to fit your needs by playing around with the finished product. Either way, this can be used wherever a recipe calls for caramel.
It is so amazing to have a caramel that doesn't require melting down sugar till it ruins all your silverware, have to be monitored like the White House, take to long to cool down, or has an unnecessary ingredient like Corn Syrup.
The Caramel isn't the only thing that is divine. The Yellow Cake Batter that I use for these cupcakes are Rich, Golden, Fluffy, and Moist. Everything you could ask for when you take a bite out of these decadent trophies.
What better place for caramel then on a cupcake!? The batter of the cake isn't extra sweet, but it's sweet enough. This yellow cake batter recipe pairs nicely so that the caramel can Shine!
You could pipe the frosting on the cupcake or you can spoon them. You can get the caramel on your cakes however you would like. I prefer to spoon it right on top (why wash more dishes right?) and get quickly on down to biting into these golden and scrumptious treats!
1 cup Sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter, softened
2 Eggs, room temperature
1 and 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Vanilla Yogurt (or plain; Lowfat or regular), room temperature
1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon Sour Cream, room temperature
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter
1 can (14 ounces) Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups Brown Sugar
2/3 cup Honey
1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-count cupcake pan.
- In stand mixer/large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Alternate the flour mixture with the yogurt and sour cream, starting and ending with the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake 20 minutes. When toothpick is inserted it should come out clean.
- Allow to cool fully before removing from cake pan. Top with cooled Caramel Frosting
- Melt butter on medium heat in a medium saucepan
- Combine first 6 ingredients: milk, sugar, honey, maple syrup, vanilla extract
- Stir with (wooden) spoon over medium-low heat until sugar has dissolved. The mixture should come to a boil
- Occasionally brush down sides of pan and keep caramel lightly boiling
- Continue stirring the caramel on medium to medium-low (alternate to keep your caramel from burning)
- Once caramel reaches the desired thickness for you, remove from heat.
- Mini Cupcakes: Bake 8-9 minutes
- For a 9-inch cake pan: bake for 30-34 minutes
- Can be Stored Room temperature in airtight container OR refrigerated for 5-7 Days. And of course frozen for another day! :-D