Hey There Puddin'! :-D
Pudding is the one of the simplest ways to crave a sweet tooth. Heck, even if you don’t have teeth, pudding can be a life savor when you need something sweet!
Only 3 Dry Ingredients: Sugar, Cornstarch, and Cocoa Powder!
One wet Ingredient: Milk
Mix it all together and cook it till it starts to bubble and thicken, then add a little butter, let it cool and thicken up some more
There you go Puddin! :-) Delicious Creamy D.I.Y. Chocolate Pudding!
1 1/4 cup sugar
5 tablespoons cornstarch
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large saucepan, mix together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt carefully.
- Pour in milk and egg yolks, and whisk together slowly
- Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and begins to boil (around 7min)
- Remove from heat; Add the butter and vanilla (optional) into hot pudding
- chill at least 3 hours and up to 4 days
If you don’t have cocoa powder on hand but you have chocolate chips use 7 ounces of Bittersweet Chocolate chips. Add the chips in when you add the butter
Placing plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding prevents skin from forming
Add finished pudding into a 1 whole cooked pie crust (pie dough, pretzel crust, graham cracker, etc.)