If you have read my other posts, you may have noticed that I tend to love everything Natural or Organic.
But, long ago there was a time that I wasn't on my organic obsession.
Some people who are not crazy like myself, about organic living tend to find it hard to understand, how I live without some of the tasty things that are floating around our wonderful country.
People even wonder about the fact that I rarely go out to restaurants and I definitely don’t par-take in fast food.
I may sound boring, or crazy to some people out there in the world by giving up on eating such spectacular flavors out there.
But let me assure you. I HAVE NOT! I crave all those wonderful delights out there! :-D
The best thing I can do, is spend hours in the kitchen and researching. Then I can come up with some of the same flavors at the places I used to eat at as a kid and grew up enjoying
With that being said, I give you a homemade all natural/organic copy-catted version of the classic White Castle Burger!
There are so many secrets to this recipe that make this an amazing burger to have forever!
One of the secrets to this burger I found from Favorite Family Recipes with the use of Peanut butter! Amazing right! :-)
Another Secret she used was Lipton Onion Soup Packets. But those packets are another thing of the past to me. So, I altered her recipe with my own homemade version of herbs you would typically find in one of those packets
Boy oh boy, let me tell you, The smells from all the dry and fresh herbs in the meat is absolutely irresistible!
I absolutely love every minute of stirring this together! It’s crazy!
I have never smelled raw burger meat and thought, “Lord, keep me from eating raw meat!” until I make these delicious little burgers!
If the meat can smell that good before it’s cooked, imagine the smells as it bakes in the oven… and after it has finished cooking! ABSOLUTE… BURGER… HEAVEN!
Don’t get discouraged by the amount of herbs in this recipe. All the herbs can be used to make as many Homemade Onion Soup Packets your heart desires.
Use them in other dishes and get creative at home for yourself and family. Each of these spices are heavily used in my home in basic dishes.
These same herbs can easily stock your spice rack game up from Novice to Highly skilled!
Stick with me and I’ll make sure you use all your Herbs and Spices you acquire (plus Herbs last a very long time!)
Or even used in every burger you’ll ever make from now till eternity!
This recipe is THE SOLUTION for a crowd of hungry guests!
It’s Amazingly Quick and Easy to create 12 burgers (in my case 24 or more) at the same time without using a grill and flipping burgers.
I put this flavorful dish in the oven, set a timer, and walk away. Check on them a couple of times, pop them back in the oven, set a timer, and do other things!
It’s the perfect dish to have when entertaining guest because you can actually do other things as these burgers cook!
It’s the Perfect way to make burgers that are for everyone, regardless of the temperature of meat. Medium rare and Medium Well Lovers alike, will enjoy these amazingly juicy, and tender burgers that are cooked through, and seasoned to perfection.
Either way, these cheesy, baked, irresistibly onion flavored, fresh, and dry herbed seasoned White Castle Copy-Cat Burgers are worth every easy minute of cooking them.
The only thing that isn’t easy is trying NOT to eat them all!!
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
3 tablespoons dried minced onion
2- 3 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon turmeric
3/4 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon celery seeds
1/4 tsp Paprika
¼ teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon peanut butter (Secret Ingredient!)
1/2 cup milk
1 onion, diced
Dinner Rolls, sliced in half (can be cooked or Ready to cook)
12 Slices American Cheese (I use Horizon Organics)
Pickles, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the first 13 ingredients together (hamburger, 10 spices, peanut butter, and milk)
- Spread the seasoned meat mixture on the prepared cookie sheet by rolling it out with a rolling pin till smooth.
- Place in oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. NOTE: The meat will shrink and the pan will fill with juice from the meat, DO NOT DRAIN or DISCARD the juice!
- Take the partially cooked meat out of the oven and place the diced onions all around the edges and on top of the meat (most of the onions should be in the juice)
- Bake the meat for another 15 minutes until the onion are translucent
- Take the cooked meat and onions out of the oven and spoon the cooked onions from the edges on top of the meat
- Then layer the meat and onions with the 12 slices of cheese and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Add only the tops of your rolls and place back in the oven for 5-7 more minutes (depending on if you are using partially cooked bread or not)
- NOTE: Cook the bottoms of your partially cooked dinner rolls on a separate tray in the oven at the same time the Tops go in.
- Remove from the oven and slice the meat with a knife (or pizza cutter) and pick up the whole section of top bun with the cheese, onions, and meat with a spatula and set it on the bottom bun.
- Placing the onion in the juice from the beef gives the meat the great onion flavor!
- If you are desperate to make this burger but don’t want to buy all the spices. Find a packet that is used for onion soup and substitute all the herbs with the packet