What happens when you get the texture of bread pudding mixed with some ingredients from rice pudding? Rice Pudding Casserole! It’s so delicious! It’s not your traditional rice pudding. It has so much flavor that plain rice pudding left out!
I’m a huge fan of sweet rice, salty rice, garlic rice, spanish rice, and the list goes on and on. Rice is always stocked up high in my cabinets. I have a lot of varieties to switch it up. White rice, brown rice, jasmine rice, black rice, etc.
In my opinion you can’t go wrong with rice. Even my son was obsessed with rice once he could start drinking rice cereal. It actually started working against me when I mixed it into his bottles. It was suppose to make him fuller, instead it made him want more and more!
My son is one happy baby now that he can eat solids. His favorite side is rice and he goes nuts for this rice pudding casserole. Its a sad feeling for both of us when it runs out :-(
This Rice Pudding Casserole is so extra delicious because it has a wonderful amount of vanilla & cinnamon. The casserole is loaded with raisins, butter (Butter in anything for me is a bonus!), eggs for a slight custard texture, and lots of milk for moist-goodness.
The rice is double cooked. First on the stovetop, then once everything is mixed into the rice, it goes into the oven for a while till it is browned and bubbling with sweet deliciousness!
1 Cup uncooked long grain white rice (4 cups cooked rice)
2 Cups water
4 Tbsp butter
1 pinch of salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar
3 Cups milk
1Tbsp vanilla extract
1 Cup raisins
3 eggs, beaten
- Combine Dry Rice and water into large sauce pan, bring to a roaring boil then immediately turn heat down to a simmer. Simmer rice for 15-20min till cooked
- While rice cooks, preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add Butter, salt, cinnamon, sugar into cooked rice and mix well
- Stir milk into the seasoned rice, then stir in vanilla extract and raisins
- Fold the beaten eggs into rice mixture
- Bake in oven for 90min (1 and a half hours)
- Let cool for 15min before serving